How can you ignite your child's passion for inquiry?
Suggestions to help inspire your child to explore an engaging inquiry question that is important to society.
- Talk to them to find out what they are interested in. (What do you notice?)
- Help them ask questions about the world around them. (What do you you wonder?)
- Find and watch an amazing TED Talk together. (Keyword search a topic that your child is interested in)
- Look for inspiration at your local science centre. (Okanagan Science Centre or TELUS World of Science)
- Great inquiry questions are important to society. (Research current events for questions to explore)
- Look to our community for inspiration. (Try to connect your child with someone who is a "leader" in their field)
- Connect with you child's classroom teacher and/or science teacher.
- Connect with local institutions of higher education to inquire about current research/projects.
- Find a mentor for your student. (Science Fair Foundation of BC)
ConnECTING TO GLOBAL ISSUES
To increase awareness of global issues and to encourage social responsibility, student projects must be linked to one of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Click on the image below to learn more about these global goals.